Tuesday, March 29, 2011

...the lead-up to the end...

I've had some time to sit and think about things as of late. And listening to Massive Attack. As we all know, this isn't a good combination...

Thinking back to October of last year, and my failed attempt at putting together a new night for industrial music in Halifax, and thinking about everything that's happened up until now...all the events I've been playing for...it's becoming more and more clear to me that people are tired of hearing me.

The majority of the support I had hoped to have for "Industry" was non-existent...the attendance for MasQ has been dropping off...my feeble attempts to compete in a battle of the DJs event TWICE in a row had little support at all...both events I've spun for in conjunction with Darkside Expo had little support from people...my hopes for playing at two big events have all fallen through...

Maybe it really is finally time to step down, hang up the headphones, and give up...

It's not a matter of being too old for this, as was demonstrated some time ago...but maybe no one wants to hear me play anymore. I've over-stayed my welcome as a DJ in Halifax.

I have a few events I have agreed to play for, and I will stand by that. Beyond that...I don't know...but it's my belief that I won't really be missed. It was inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment